Saturday, May 13, 2006

I'm back!

I am back from my trip to Montreal and Quebec. It was really enjoyable for the most part, but it's always taxing for me, emotionally.

Talking to my dad on the phone this last year, I really thought he was doing better... Well he has really taken most of his physical health in hand, which is great. Even though he still has a phobia of any type of doctor... He managed to stop drinking entirely [thank God!] and, shockingly, he dances! He even insisted on showing me all the social dances he's been learning in the past few years. He's actually pretty good. But the rheumatoid arthritis in his knee is a constant worry. He know his walking days are counted. And He keeps his huge varicose vains in his legs in these support tights...not cool!

But on a mental note, he's not exactly much better. The fact that he is now retire helps considerably on the stress level, and he's stop most of his 'habits' that I will spared you of the details [sigh]. But when I was there, he still found the energy to create a commotion at the museum we were entering, by refusing to wait in line, and getting disrespectful to the gards. This can seem mildly unconfortable, ad somewhat funny in a way, but believe me, after 25 years of tip toeing around my dad, I really am tired frankly. He's not just 'a character' as a lot of people around the family still think...Let's not kid ourselves. If you have seen the movie "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio", You can have a glimpse. But anyways...

Appart from that, I had a wonderful time with my mom and saw several good ol friends from high school and college as well. Saw my cousin and his wife at their new wood working studio, and toured around Quebec' old city with my lill mom. That was quite good to be close to her again.

cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who's link