Friday, January 06, 2006

Comments on blogs - the "nofollow" tag.

Well folks, I am quite fed up with the whole spamming-comments thing that plagues blogs now, but I am very glad good ol 'blogger' is and major search engines like google are taking care of it. Yep, it has actually come down to this:

# All links will automagically use the rel="nofollow" tag, so they'll receive no PageRank boost.

At first, I thought of removing all commenting possibilities on my sites. But a few hours later, I learned about several things a blobber can do to counter-act spam-comments, so I changed my previous post saying I was removing all comments possibilities, and I am going to try this for a while. See how it goes.

1] I unabled the word verification thingy so that, if you reeaaaaaally want to spam, well, you'll just have to do it by hand. Cuz I have to remove your f'in spam BY HAND myself mofo.

2] I also enabled the moderation thing as well. so I can delete yo ass betta.

So, no f'in Park Ranger, Low end ugly posters seller, Free website makers, Buddhist books publisher [seriously] or You Know Who You Are spammers can easily spam my sites.

Don't you get it folks: you look terribly bad when you do that, and you won't sell more!


1 Comments:

Blogger Embee Breedlove said...

yeah, i find it a little heartbreaking when i think i have a new comment but it's really just junk. at least junk mail in a mail box doesn't look like a real letter.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who's link