Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Financially Indepandant, the Drop-out, and the Intelligent poor

Reading ran prieur's'how to drop out' page, a lot of things are confirmed, things you know but haven't experienced...but a lot of things seems inconcevable for me. Spending $3000 a year only, is just impossible, my rent alone costs me more and there is no living for free in these parts. Getting food from dumpsters is not in my idea of sustainable lifestyle right now, and getting land for $15 grand is well, not realistic here, i would have to travel far.


but it made me realise that I am in some ways if not a drop-out, which by what it sounds is a financially indepandant person with low costs, I am more of an intelligent poor. I guess I could buy all my clothes at the trift store, and I most likely will if I have to, I would love to bike to work, but I am stuck with a partner who wants everything to work for him, regarless of my needs - so I travel 90k a day, five days a week. But appart from that, I try to be as frugal as I can. Especially with cooking. Perhaps one days soon I will do more and feel more free, but for now I am saving as much as I can, perhaps not as much as my leach [partner] but a fair amounts considering the predicament I am in.

and I hope you are too,
wherever you are

-peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who's link